Tuesday 21 January 2014

Chanel vs. Louis Vuitton

Who doesn't love a fight?! 


When it comes to classic designer handbags the two heavyweights are definitely Chanel's 2.55 Flap bag and Louis Vuitton's Speedy. I thought it would be a good idea to compare these two classics which also happen to be two of my favourite handbags in my collection. So I've broken it into 3 categories, Size, Design and Value for money.

Size: In terms of size, the Speedy 35 fits a lot more than the Large flap bag. When I want to use a bag that I  can comfortably put my purse, camera, some make up and maybe a bottle of water then I reach for the Speedy as it can fit all of these with ease. In contrast, the Chanel 2.55 is considerably smaller and restricting. Although it is in the large size I find myself picking the contents of my bag much more carefully.

First point = LV Speedy. 




Design: Both bags are iconic styles and are beautifully designed. In my opinion the Speedy is designed as more of a casual option and goes so well with everyday outfits such as a pair of jeans, a plain white T and a blazer. A lot of people always ask me how I can spot a fake and one of the key giveaways is that for the speedy, Louis Vuitton use one sheet of leather meaning that one side of the bag is 'upside down' in terms of the LV monogram. The 2.55 is designed to perfection. Whether its gold or silver hardware, the bag is effortlessly chic. A key positive of this bag is the straps. It can be carried as one long strap or two shorter straps. Meaning it can be dressed up and down extremely easily. Just because of the leather, the gold hardware and the fact it is Chanel...

Second point: Chanel 2.55 






Worth the money?: Now to probably the most important issue, value for money. The Speedy 35 retails at £560 whereas the 2.55 cost a considerably higher amount at £2740. A lot of people would say that those are ridiculous prices to pay for a handbag but you really have to think long term with these sort of investments. I am 100% confident that both of these bags could easily be handed down to my future (fabulous) daughter and still have the iconic status in the fashion world. Surprisingly I would give the value for money point to Chanel. One of the key reasons is how it has held up since the first day it came out of the box. I haven't coated it in cotton wool at all but it still looks as good as new after over a year and a half! What more could you ask for?!

Third point: Chanel 2.55




Therefore my prize goes to the Chanel 2.55. To be honest there was no competition, everyone that knows me knows that this bag is my beloved baby!





Until the next battle! (I'm thinking a Celine vs Balenciaga is in order) 

Keep it Luxe 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment